Civil Litigation

Small Claims Court

If you are owed money and wish to try to get it back.

If you have been served with a Statement of Claim from Small Claims Court and are not sure what to do.

If you received an payment order or judgment in Landlord and Tenant Board or another tribunal and not sure how to proceed. 

Then Small Claims Court can be an option for you

What is Small Claims Court?

Small Claims Court is a division of The Superior Court of Ontario.

Small Claims Court handles claims of up to $35,000 plus interest and costs.

Small Claims Court uses simplified forms and is a less formal means of settling monetary disputes. 

Best in situations where money is owed through invoices, receipts and contracts. 

The emphasis of Small Claims Court is to resolve the dispute through dialogue, and settlement conferences with trial being the last option. 

A Paralegal can represent you in Small Claims Court. 

Services Offered

Composing and issuing Demand Letters.

Completing and executing Statements of Claim or Statements of Defense.

Negotiating the best settlement for your claim, if possible. 

Advocating and appearing in court on your behalf. 

Obtaining a judgment and discussing with you how to enforce your judgment.  

Contact me for more information.